The Caledonia Railway opened Princes Street station in 1870.
The railway introduced services to:
1874: Balerno (This line followed the valley of the Water
Newhaven, Granton Road,
Davidson's Mains Station
The Caledonian Hotel, immediately above Princes Street
Station at the West End of Princes Street was opened in December
1903, a year after the North British Railway opened their hotel
at the East End of Princes Street.