church is named after Margaret Ker, Lady Yester, who in 1647
gave a considerable sum to the citizens of Edinburgh to pay for
the building of a place of worship.
original church in
High Street Wynd was taken down in 1803.
It was replaced
in 1804 by Lady Yester's Church (in the image above) built in the ancient
Gothic manner. [Modern