map below (which can be enlarged by clicking on it), High
Street Wynd is in the lower
right-hand corner of the map, coloured red.
extension of Infirmary Street. This route leads to the
east from South Bridge, then turns the corner and down the hill
past the end of High School Yards, then down the hill to Cowgate.
Lady Yester's Church was
originally situated in High School Wynd. It was demolished in 1803 and
rebuilt on a site further to the west the following year. The church does not appear
in the engraving of High Street Wynd above (after Ewbank).