This map extends from
Square to Calton
Hill. Between the two was
Square, originally housing but developed as Offices, Hotel and
Shopping Centre in the 1970s.
The upper part of this view is
of the 2nd New Town of Edinburgh - an extension of the 1st New town to the
north and east. The second new town was under construction at the
time that the 1844 map was produced.