Parliament House

 

Engraving from Modern Athens - published 1829

Parliament House  -  The Royal Mile

Engraving in 'Modern Athens'  -  Parliament House in the Royal Mile

  Copyright: For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

 

Drawn by Thomas H Shepherd

Engraved by W Watkins

    

Parliament House

Parliament House is situated to the west of St Giles church, part of which can be seen on the right in this engraving.

It was used by the Court of Session, the Supreme Criminal Court of Scotland and several other Courts.

Fires destroyed several very high buildings in this area of Edinburgh in the early 19th century.

[Modern Athens]

 

 

Engravings from Modern Athens  -  Published 1829

Index                 View from Craigleith                View from Calton Hill

Around Edinburgh

Distant Views

Old Town

New Town

Churches

Schools

Leith

 

Maps for Begbie photos

Central Edin - West    Central Edin - East    Edinburgh & Leith

Maps for photos:

1850s       1950s      2000 Central Edinburgh       2000 Around Edinburgh

Maps for engravings:

1829

Photographs

Around Edinburgh

 

 
 

__________________