The Physician's Hall was
built in Grecian style, eighty feet wide and sixty feet deep,
with a flight of steps leading to a portico and four Corinthian
columns, in 1775.
is a prominent building at the east end of George Street, on the south side of
St Andrew's Church.
building has seen different uses. For many years it was a
bank (National Commercial Bank of Scotland, later to become
Royal Bank of Scotland, following a takeover). It now
houses The Dome bar and restaurant.
building appears to have undergone a number of modifications
since the it was depicted in the engraving above.