Above is a view of Tunny's studio
at 78 South Clerk Street with, perhaps, a coach for a wedding standing
outside The photograph was taken in the 1850s.
The studio and other nearby buildings were
demolished in 1866 to make way for the building of new tenements on
South Clerk Street.
This is Tunny's first photographic
studio, opened at 78 South Clerk Street around 1852, from which he gave
tuition in the collodion process to many photographers from Edinburgh and
further afield, including:
- George Washington Wilson (Aberdeen)
- William Carrick (Edinburgh photographer who
travelled in Russia)