13 South St David Street - Early Days
Harper Photographic Services was the retail side of Campbell Harper's
was based at 13 South St David Street from 1958 or earlier. The
premises had previously been occupied by another photo retailer who did
his own developing and printing in the basement.
Director (in 1963) was Alan Harper, son of John
or 1970 the upper end of South St David Street was redeveloped and the
company moved to 11 South St David Street.
The company also appears to have had a retail photographic businesses at 50
Dalry Road in 1975, but its main premises for most of its
life were at South St David Street.