Musselburgh & District Electric Light & Traction Co Ltd operated electric
trams from Joppa to Port Seton from 1904 to
from Joppa to Levenhall (about half-way to Port Seton) continued until
1954. From 1928
onwards, this section was operated by Edinburgh Corporation.
Edinburgh converted its cable car system to electric, passengers
travelling through Joppa (westwards towards Edinburgh or eastwards towards
Musselburgh) had to change trams at this point.