Here are eight Morris Minors, presumably belonging to
Edinburgh Corporation, lined up in front of Fettes College.
The two on the left are Morris Minor Travellers. This is the estate
wagon, introduced in 1953. It is not clear from this photograph whether the others are
Travellers or cars.
All the vehicles above are early models with 'split
screen' windscreens. Models from 1956 onwards had curved
The photograph was probably taken around the 1950s,
along with a photograph of the Corporation's
vans, at the same location.
College, close to Inverleith Park, about a mile to the north of the
centre of Edinburgh, makes an elegant backdrop to this photograph