The top part of these maps
is Leith; the
bottom is Edinburgh. The
boundary (before Leith became part of Edinburgh) ran through the the
base of the 'V' shaped junction (upper left) where Pilrig Street joins
The road leading down the right hand
side of this picture from Leith to Edinburgh is Easter Road. Its
name on the 1844 map is 'The Mall or East Road to Leith'.
Easter Road football stadium, the home
of Hibernian Football Club is just off this map to the right, beyond
Eastern Cemetery, the green area with trees at the right hand side of the
aerial view above.
The two squares and
Heriot Crescent, shown in the 1844 map were not in fact built.