The town of Ladybank in the centre of Fife grew around the
railway, which was once a major junction, the lines heading to the
north through Fife separating here:
- to the north-west to Perth
- to the north-east to
Dundee and Aberdeen
However, the Ladybank - Perth line closed to passengers in 1955.
Much of the land beside the station, formerly used as sidings and
workshops, has now (2005) been
developed, possibly as housing.
In this picture, passengers take shelter on the platform during a
blizzard on 28 December 2000.