This locomotive, was named
'Maude'. Originally, it was North British Railways locomotive No
673, built by Neilson & Co, Glasgow in 1891.
It was purchased by the
Scottish Railway Preservation Society (SRPS), in 1966, about three years
after the photograph above was taken.
SRPS operates a preserved
railway line between Bo'ness and Kinneil in West Lothian.
'Maude' has since
- to the 'Rainhill 150 Celebrations' near Manchester
- on the 'Steam Specials' between Fort William and Mallaig
- on the SRPS preserved railway line.
- on 'SRPS Railtours' in Scotland.