Tank Engine 67608 makes an impressive display of steam and smoke as it
moves out of Leith Central station.
Leith Central was a large station at the foot of Leith Walk. It
opened to passengers on July 1, 1903. But the North British Railway
faced competition from trams, buses and their rival, the Caledonian
Railway, all operating between Leith and Edinburgh.
Passenger services were withdrawn from the station 49 years later, on
April 7, 1952.