1st New Town
The 1st New Town
of Edinburgh was created in the late 18th century. It includes:
- Princes Street, George Street
and Queen Street, all running east-west.
- Charlotte Square and St Andrew Square at either end of George
- Royal Circus and Moray Place, two elegant circles, further to the
2nd New Town
The 2nd New Town
is a mid 19th century extension of the 1st New Town, towards:
- Canonmills, in the valley to the
north of Princes Street.
- Broughton, to the north-west of Princes Street.