This view, looking towards the Forth Rail Bridge from South
Queensferry, is taken from a postcard in the 'R A Series'.
The ferry leaving Hawes Pier close to the Forth Rail Bridge
is 'Queen Margaret' a double-ended, side loading, diesel electric
paddle driven boat, capacity, 28 cars.
This boat was built in Dumbarton in 1934 and operated on
the ferry between South Queensferry and North Queensferry from
1934 until the Forth Road Bridge opened in 1964 and the