This map was published in 1924. One of the adverts on the back of
the map is for
'Scottish Union & National Insurance Co'. This advert
gives a clue to the date of the map, as it refers to
company's centenary, 1824-1924.
Hunter's book 'Edinburgh Transport, the Corporation Years'
(pp.31, 32, 38) gives
information that allows the map to be dated more accurately. In
a) There was a major revision of tram routes
on June 1, 1924, including the new Route 6 (Marchmont Circle) and
extension of Route 16 (from Morningside Station to Braids.
b) Tram Service 23 (Goldenacre to Tollcross
via Hanover Street and Mound) commenced on 8 June, replacing Bus Service
c) Tram Service 12 was extended from Seafield
to King's Road, Portobello on October 26, 1924.
This map shows changes a) and b) but not c) above, so
was probably published when the major revision of tram routes was
introduced in June 1924.