Lauriston Place

Lauriston Place is about 1/4 mile to the south of Edinburgh Castle

North side: former Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.        South side: old fire station

 

Royal Infirmary - 1890

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Edinburgh Royal Infirmary

The Royal Infirmary

from the air

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Royal Infirmary

The Royal Infirmary

 

Photos from the Edinburgh Survey Section Albums

compiled around 1914

EPS Survey Section photograph - Old Cattle Market, Lauriston Place  -  J Drummond Shiels, 1907

J Drummond Shiels  -  1907

Old Cattle Market
Lauriston Place

 

Photo  -  c.1935

The old  fire station, now a fire station museum, in Lauriston Place  -  1935

Former Fire Station

 

 Photographs  -  Lauriston Place, Tollcross

Lauriston Place, Tollcross  -  buildings now demolished, 2006

Billiards and Atlas Home Improvements

Lauriston Place, Tollcross  -  'Walk Round Market'

'Walk Round Market'

 

 Photographs -  2008

Coffee Bar and Police Box on the corner of Middle Meadow Walk and Lauriston Place

Police Boxes

Police Box at Lauriston Place, and Police Box Coffee Bar at the northern end of Middle Meadow Walk

Police Boxes

 

 

Full Index

Views of Edinburgh

Princes Street views:
 Looking E         Looking W         Looking N + NE        Looking S

from Calton Hill        Preparing for the Trams        Princes Street Gardens

Other street views:
 Grassmarket         George Street          High Street        High Street closes        Leith Street
Lothian Road       North Bridge       Saint James Sq       
Waverley Bridge       More Streets

 

 

__________________