Fraser estate was built in the 1920s. Fraser Avenue and other roads
on the estate were given their names in October 1926.
[History and Derivation of Edinburgh Street Names:
Edinburgh Corporation City Engineers Dept, 1975]
This photo seems likely to have been taken shortly after the
houses were built. This scene looks rather
bare, with only one parked vehicle in the street.
The attractive gas lamp posts were replaced many years
ago by taller lamp posts for electric lights. The grass
strip along beside the pavement on each side of the road has been
removed to provide wider pavements.