above was one of four on a page in the book Old & New Edinburgh,
published in 1890.
describes the Barnton House as standing in a magnificently wooded park of
400 acres. In earlier days it had been named Cramond Regis
and was once a royal hunting seat.
The house was
demolished in the early 20th century and modern housing was built
on the land.