This building stands alone in grounds attached to the Palace of
Holyrood, close to the Palace Gates.
Its location was described in Old & New Edinburgh, published
"To the north-eastward of the tennis
A house was built adjoining Queen
Mary's Bath House in 1789, and demolished in 1852. Following
the demolition, Queen Mary's Bath House was repaired and its
surroundings, to some extent, restored.