Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Waterloo Place

Waterloo Place

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Waterloo Place

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

White Horse Inn

Here is the Post Office in Waterloo Place, beside Regent Bridge.  This is taken from a drawing by TH Shepherd published in 1829.

Edinburgh's General Post Office was later built a short distance to the west of this site at the East End of Princes Street.

 

 

 

__________________