There were two Scottish Railway Preservation Society steam train
excursions from Edinburgh Waverley station on Sunday May 18, 2008.
Both trains were hauled by Loco No 61994 'The Great Marquess'.
The trains departed from
Edinburgh Waverley station at 10.20 am and at 4.12pm. Both followed the same route:
- around the Edinburgh South Suburban Line
- across the Forth Rail Bridge
- around the Fife Circle Line, via Aberdour, Kirkcaldy and
- return across the Forth Rail Bridge
- and back to Edinburgh Waverley station via the South Suburban