Andy Wanstall, who provided
the postcard above, writes:
"The grand house and Wauchope
estate was purchased in 1944 by Edinburgh Corporation for the sum of
Unfortunately, the house
was set on fire in the late 1940's, then stood in a ruined state until it
was demolished in the 1960s.
"A large sprawling housing estate now occupies
the site. The Niddrie Marischal House was situated approximately three
hundred metres west of the Jack Kane Centre, Niddrie, Edinburgh
The old house was always affectionately known
as "Wauchope House."