Thank you to
George Field, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for allowing me to
reproduce the photograph of the Monseigneur Cinema at 131 Princes Street,
near the west end of Princes Street.
I believe that this photo was taken in 1962, the year that George
started working there.
The numbering in this section of Princes Street (from left to right in
the photo above) is:
- No.131a Hamilton House, knitwear, tweed and tartan
- No.131: Monseigneur Cinema.
- No. 130: Jamieson Fruit Merchants and Italian
Several of the early Edinburgh photographers had their
studios in this section of
Princes Street There were:
- No.131: John Horsburgh then John Horsburgh & Son
(1868 to 1898).
- No. 130: Ten different photographers or partnerships
(1865 to 1951).
No 131 is now a Gap Clothing Store.