This view looks to the NE from Edinburgh Castle.
Clockwise around the photo from the bottom-left corner are:
- Tunnel on the railway line through Princes Street Gardens.
- National Galleries of Scotland.
- Scott Monument (dark)
- Register House (low building in background)
- Balmoral Hotel (with clock tower)
- National Monument (on Calton Hill)
- Nelson Monument (on Calton Hill)
- North Berwick Law (hill about 20 miles away
in East Lothian)
- Bank of Scotland Head Office (light
In the centre of the photo are:
- Waverley Station
- Waverley Bridge (with different coloured
buses in front of the station roof)
- North Bridge (with three buses behind the