Princes Street Gardens
A Floral Clock is planted in Edinburgh during the summer months each
year. The first was planted in 1903.
The idea has been copied by many other cities around the world.
2003, a Winter Clock has been planted on the same site, in the corner
of West Princes Street Gardens, near the foot of the Mound. A
Christmas Crib has been installed beside it for a few weeks each year,
The picture above shows the Winter Floral Clock in January 2007. In this photo, the dates from the summer 2006 clock can still
be seen below the clock face. The summer clock commemorated the Duke
of Edinburgh Award Scheme, 1956-2006.