Kirkintilloch, in East
Dunbartonshire, lies on the Forth & Clyde Canal, about 10 miles from
Glasgow and 35 miles from Edinburgh. Peel Park was built on high
ground, near the centre of Kirkintilloch, in 1901.
This fountain, and The Perry Bandstand
in the background, both come from the Lyon Foundry, Kirkintilloch. The
foundry closed in 1984. Both the fountain and the bandstand were
donated to the people of Kirkintilloch in 1905. They were restored,
with the help of Lottery funding, in 2003.