The Water of Leith runs from
the Pentland Hills through old villages of Balerno, Currie, Slateford,
Dean, Stockbridge and Bonnington. It joins the Firth of Forth at
Colinton lies is
about five miles SW of the centre of Edinburgh.
There were once many
water-powered mills along the Water of Leith. Now there is a
footpath and cycle track beside the water passing through an old railway
tunnel near Colinton. Colinton station opened in 1874 but had closed
This postcard was posted from
Edinburgh to Leith on 1 March 1905.