Here is an attractive wood engraving of Edinburgh from
Salisbury Crags in Holyrood Park by W Linton, after a sketch
by H Smith, c.1820, with later hand colouring
Crags in Holyrood Park
North Bridge and
Holyrood Palace and
Trinity Church was removed to make way for the building of
Waverley Station in the 1840s.
There is a large chimney in the centre of the picture, possibly
belonging to one of the many Holyrood breweries. This is in
approximately the position where the new
Parliament is now being built.