Lennie family ran an opticians business from 1840.The company was based at 46 Princes Street, almost opposite the Scott Monument,
from 1856 until 1921. Their premises can be seen on the ground floor of the corner
building in the photograph above.
Lennie joined the Photographic Society of Scotland in 1856 and joined Edinburgh
Photographic Society in 1861.
he was listed in trade directories as a
photographer for one year only, 1890.
was from above Lennie’s opticians in Princes Street that George Washington Wilson
of Aberdeen photographed Princes Street in the early 1860s.