From his studio at
Rock House, Calton
Hill, in the 1860s and 1870s, Archibald Burns produced a series of stereo views
Rock House was the studio used by
Hill & Adamson in the 1840s.
Some Archibald Burns' stereo views
of Edinburgh are dated 1871 and 1876. Others date from the 1850s. He
exhibited 20 stereo views in the Photographic Society of Scotland's 3rd
Exhibition in Edinburgh in December 1858.