Here is another postcard
Reginald Phillimoreshowing White Horse Close. White Horse Inn and
coaching stables were built in 1623, and it was from here that the coach
left Edinburgh for London. The journey took a week.
Bonnie Prince Charlie
At the lower
left-hand corner ot the postcard is a poster reading
"1745 - To the King"
The note beside the poster adds:
"OLD WHITE HORSE INN, CANONGATE, EDINBURGH
Mentioned in Scott's "Waverley" as the resort
of Prince Charles Edward's Cavaliers.
The reproduction of the postcard above
appeared in the book 'The Work of Reginald P Phillimore in Old Picture
Postcards' by Donald Lindgren [ISBN 90 288 5264 6 / CIP].
Reproduced with acknowledgement to Rev. Donald Lindgren and European
Library, Zaltbommel, Netherlands.