The British Journal of
Photography gave an account of the EPS 1878 AGM, held on 6 November 1878.
At the Meeting, Marshall Wane was
elected a Member of EPS.
Other details of the AGM
- EPS Membership: 16 members had left and 66 had joined in
the previous year, bringing the total
membership to 343
- During the previous year there had been
Photographic Outings to North Queensferry, North
Berwick, and Bride of Earn.
- Over 100 Member had participated in the Annual Excursion.
The 1878 Annual Excursion had been to
- Thanks were given for several donations made to EPS, including
thanks to GW Wilson of
Aberdeen for his presentation of an Archer's Fluid Lens.
- Accounts of the Society were reproduced in the BJP report.
- Sir Niel Paton was thanked for allowing one of his pictures to
be reproduced in carbon by Messrs Doig, McKechnie & Davies to be made
available to EPS Members as the
EPS Presentation Print.