Edinburgh Diorama was opened in Lothian Road in late 1827
It appeared in the Edinburgh Trade Directories under the management of
Joseph Hall, lithographer, each year from 1831 until 1845.
There was also a second diorama in Edinburgh in the early 1840s.
It was situated beside the National
Galleries in Princes Street, about half a mile from Lothian Road.
1822 and 1839, twenty of Daguerre's dioramas were displayed in
Paris. Each display lasted for several months. Three scenes
painted by Daguerre were local to Edinburgh. They were:
Interior of Chapel of
Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, by Moonlight
Roslyn Chapel near
Edinburgh, effect of sun
Edinburgh during the Fire of 15
Dioramas were shown in Edinburgh. Further details can be found on
R Derek Wood's web
Diorama in Great Britain in the 1820s.