Wardie School and its grounds lie between
Granton Road and Netherby Road in the Trinity district of
Edinburgh, about three miles to the north of the City Centre.
The school opened in 1931. The the
time this aerial view was taken, in 1947, shortly after the end of
the 2nd World War, the northern part of the
school grounds housed the temporary
accommodation of Lochinvar Royal Navy Camp.