Leith Wynd

Thomas Vernon Begbie  -  late 1850s

Leith Wynd  -  leading to the north towards Leith from the Canongate

Leith Wind - Photographs Begbie

MAPS for Begbie photos:    Central Edinburgh - East     Edinburgh & Leith

  The Cavaye Collection of Thomas Begbie Prints: City Art Centre, City of Edinburgh Museums and Galleries 

  

Leith Wynd

Here is an attractive view of Leith Wynd  -  an old street from Canongate, opposite St Mary's Street, led to the north past Trinity Church (removed and reconstructed when the railway was built) and Low Calton (now demolished).

The street was demolished under the 1867 Improvement Act to make way for Jeffrey Street.

 

  Buildings:    Canongate Tolbooth     Castle     Free Church    General Post Office Holyrood     John Knox     Maule's   Monuments   Galleries   Old Town     Royal High School     St Giles    St Mary's    Scott Monument    Schools + Hospitals   Looking down

 

 

__________________