Here is the meeting of the Edinburgh Cable Car
system and the Musselburgh Electric Trams. Passengers
travelling from Edinburgh along the Firth of Forth past
Portobello and Joppa to Musselburgh had to change trams at
Joppa, until the Edinburg trams were converted to electric
operation in 1923.
The Edinburgh Cable Car can be seen (left)
with its groove for the cable running between the two tracks.
The single-deck Musselburgh tram is in the
background with its pole to receive the electric current.
The Firth of Forth runs parallel to the road,
immediately over the wall in the background of this picture.