Edinburgh Doors Open Day
Open Days" are held throughout Scotland, as part of the Council of
Europe's Heritage Days.
Edinburgh's Civic Trust,
helps to promote and finance this day, with support from Edinburgh World
Doors Open Day 2007, the owners
about 80 public
buildings in and around Edinburgh will open their buildings, free of
charge, to the public.
- Donaldson's School: last chance to see it
before the school moves out in 2008.
- Duddingston House: restored.
- The Caves - cellars beneath South Bridge.
- Parliament House: with a partial
re-enactment of the trial of Burke and Hare and a ghost tour.
- Edinburgh Academy: James Clark Maxwell
- Museum of Fire: former fire station in
- Around Calton Hill: City Observatory,
Nelson Monument, Burns Monument and guided tours of Calton Old and New
- HBoS Headquarters: former HO of
Bank of Scotland on the Mound, recently restored.