The 2004 Edinburgh
Marathon is to be held on Sunday 13 June.
The 26.2 mile route leads from Holyrood Park:
- around Arthur's Seat in Holyrood Park
- through the Old Town of Edinburgh
- along Princes Street
- past Meadowbank Stadium to
- along the cycle tracks to
- returning along the shores of the
Firth of Forth
- to Ocean Terminal in Leith Docks
- continuing along the Firth of Forth
- back to Holyrood Park
By April 2004, almost 4,000 individual runners
and 600 teams of four relay runners had signed up to compete in the event.