The street on the left is Richmond Lane. The street in the lower
right corner is Gilmour Street. The street at the top of the picture
is Pleasance. The buildings on the left in the background are on the east side of Pleasance.
The church, just visible on the left-hand side of the photograph is on
the corner of Brown Street and Pleasance. It was originally
Charteris Memorial Church, then became Kirk o' Field Parish Church in 1953
following the amalgamation of several congregations.