The procession of Masons in the photograph above is to mark
the laying of the Foundation Stone for North Bridge on 25 May 1896.
The Masons are just visible above the large crowd in the
centre-right of the picture passing in front of the Life Association of
Scotland Head Office in Princes Street, and approaching the junction with
the Mound, where Magistrates are waiting.