Thank you to Jim Cairns for
providing this photograph, taken by his dad, David Cairns. The photo
is of an elephant parade in Princes Street. The parade is heading
towards the West End and was close to the junction with Frederick Street
when this photo was taken.
In the background (left to right are):
- Nelson Monument on Calton Hill
- Clock Tower of the North British Hotel
- upper part of the Scott Monument
- Royal Scottish Academy, at the foot of the Mound.
- Head Office of Bank of Scotland, near the top of the Mound.