Front of the Card
There has been a floral clock in West Princes Street Gardens, at the foot
of the Mound, since 1903. Initially the clock had only an hour hand.
A minute hand and cuckoo were added later.
Today (in 2005) the clock is still maintained by James Ritchie & Sons.
This long established firm of clockmakers and watchmakers has the contract
for winding public clocks in Edinburgh.