The publisher of this postcard is not named on the card.
This view looks down from Calton Hill to the west. The main road,
leading straight ahead on the right hand side of the picture is Princes
Street, with the
North British Hotel (now the Balmoral Hotel) and its tower prominent
at the East End of the street.
The Scott Monument is hidden by the North British Hotel.
can be seen in the background on Castle Hill, with the Head Office of the
Bank of Scotland
in front of it at the left hand side of the picture
Calton Jail, now demolished to make way for the Government building, St Andrew's House is in the
foreground of the picture (lower left).
On the left hand side of this card is the Edinburgh Coat of Arms.
This card was posted in October 1908.