This view looks along George Street, from its junction with Castle
Street, towards the floodlit dome of West Register House on the west side
of Charlotte Square.
West Register House was originally built as St George's Church in 1814.
Immediately below the dome is the St Columba's Hospice Christmas Tree
in Charlotte Square.
The large tree in George Street is one of eight in the centre of the
street. The small trees are two of twenty-four at the edges of the
street. All trees were funded by Edinburgh City Council
with support from Standard Life and many George Street businesses, to
create new Christmas decorations for George Street in 2003.