Exchange Buildings in Leith, at the foot of Constitution Street,
opposite Bernard Street, were build in a Grecian
was reported in Old & New Edinburgh in 1890:
Exchange Buildings] include public reading and assembly rooms;
but of late years, assemblies have seldom been held in Leith,
though they were usual enough in the last century.
the 'Weekly Magazine' for 1776, we read of a handsome
subscription being sent by "the subscribers to a dancing
assembly in Leith" through Sir William Forbes, for the
relief of our troops in Boston.