Here, the Granton to Burntisland Ferry, 'Glenfinnan', has just
berthed at Middle Pier, Granton Harbour on May 26, 1952.
An old single-deck bus can be seen on Middle Pier, on the right of the
picture. Behind the bus is Granton Station on Middle Pier.
A new clubhouse has been built for the Royal Forth Yacht Club at the
top of the slipway where the small building stands in this picture.
A previous ferry, operated by LNER stopped its operation in 1946, and
it was not until 1952 that the service began to operate again, using
converted tank landing craft:
- Bonnie Prince Charlie
- Flora Macdonald
Unfortunately, the craft on this service had many problems and the
service was abandoned on December 12, 1952.