Reproduced with acknowledgement
Photographer not known
car is indeed a cca 1913 Siddeley Deasy 18'24 Landaulette open drive
limousine with Edinburgh registration S 2673. The car registrations
’bible’ Newall, has no data available for early Edinburgh Borough
Council cars so cannot help in accurate dating.
has gas main-beam lights, electric side-lamps and a shortish bonnet so
the model is probably the 4 cylinder 3,300cc.
Interesting company history: this vehicle was built by the Vickers
'Wolseley' organization which had just parted with Herbert Austin.
Company was started in 1906 by Captain Henry Deasy who then left the
company 1908 and was replaced by JD Siddeley, from Wolseley. It became
Siddeley Deasy in 1913 and then became Armstrong Siddeley, 1919 to 1960.
Mohacek, 8 February 2019: Chairman, Surrey Vintage Vehicle