Three Leyland Titans
Edinburgh Corporation Buses
Here are three
former Edinburgh Corporation Leyland Titans. This style of bus was introduced in the
mid-1950s as replacements for Edinburgh's trams. The final
trams ran in 1956.
A note on the window of 777 reads:
"This is one of the last batch of
the 300 similar buses bought between 1954 and 1957.
777 entered service in January 1957
from Central Garage, following the tram-bus replacement program,
and was soon transferred to Leith garage. In 1970 it was
transferred once again to Central Garage.
In 1974 it became driver training
vehicle T9 and continued in this role until its sale, in 1982,
to Kelvin Scottish. It continued as a driver trainer until
1991 when it was purchased for preservation by the Lothian Bus
The buses in this photo are seen parked at the western end of the
Lathalmond site. They are, left to right: